WPC - APF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 WPC/AWPC RAW Worlds

5 posters

Go down

2009 WPC/AWPC RAW Worlds Empty 2009 WPC/AWPC RAW Worlds

Post  Mike Sweeney Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:36 am

“The Lifters wanted it and now they got it! It is all about them!”(this is the secret)

2009 RAW WPC/AWPC Worlds...the location and host country for the 2009 WPC/AWPC RAW Worlds is the city of Rostov-on-Don in Russia! The meet director is Eurasian Group President Yuriy Ustinov. The date will be in September, 2009.
Rostov-on-Don is the second largest city in the South of Russia. There is an International airport. The planning of this World International Championship is in partnership with the Assistant to the Governor!
This meet is going to be massive, major extreme fun and WPC/AWPC powerlifting action! Let’s review. The WPC Organization is tested, non-tested, equipped and non-equipped, young, old, and men, and women, lifters of all calibers or level of interest. The WPC is historically home the strongest strength athletes in the history of strength sports. Sounds like we have everything covered!
2009 Raw APF/AAPF American Nationals... is in the development table for mid summer in Washington DC. This major event is “under the construction” with Mr. Kidder and is in partnership with a major sports convention for maximum exposure!
...so WPC Worlds in less than two weeks and this topic and more details will be discussed/released after the AGM Meeting. Again send all your concerns and questions to your country head or myself! We are “working” for you!
Thank You,
Mike Sweeney

Mike Sweeney

Back to top Go down

2009 WPC/AWPC RAW Worlds Empty raw rules

Post  stella Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:30 pm

When will the Raw rules be posted. Will knee wraps be allowed? Any more information for the contest in D.C. for the summer?? Thank You

stella

Back to top Go down

2009 WPC/AWPC RAW Worlds Empty Re: 2009 WPC/AWPC RAW Worlds

Post  Eric Stone Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:06 pm

According to the info I've seen in the past, only a belt is allowed for the raw division, no wraps of any kind. Personally I'd like to see wrist wraps allowed. They are similar to belt in that they support a joint that does not go through a range of motion (like the knees/hips/shoulders with knee wraps/suits/shirts).

Eric Stone

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Hennessey Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:43 pm

I totally concur with Eric's suggestion that wrist wraps provide wrist support rather than aid the lifter in pushing up more weight. As an avid RAW lifter, as well as equipped, I'd like to see the WPC take the lead in establishing RAW rules that are fair and safe for all competitors.

I always thought an interesting bench meet would combine both raw and equipped lifts together where the lifter would have two RAW lifts and two equipped lifts. Combine the total and there's your winner... Crazy, huh? It would certainly squash the equipped vs. raw debates.

Mark Hennessey

Back to top Go down

Post  stella Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:14 am

Well, I have seen Raw lifts that knee wraps were allowed. Depends who you ask . I want to see the APF Rules on the subject. When will they be posted. Was this not suppose to be decided on at the Worlds meet?

stella

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Stone Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:23 am

I don't remember a vote at the WPC AGM, but in the past I saw the APF board voted belt and singlet only for the raw division. That is what Amy Jackson has told me at some of the meet around here.

Eric Stone

Back to top Go down

Post  stella Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Are the rules listed on this web site? I can't find it.

stella

Back to top Go down

2009 WPC/AWPC RAW Worlds Empty Raw Rules

Post  Admin Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:44 pm

Raw equipment is a belt and singlet. No wraps of any kind are allowed.

Admin
Admin

https://wpcapf.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down