WPC - APF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My meet results: APF La. (Single Ply)

2 posters

Go down

My meet results: APF La. (Single Ply) Empty My meet results: APF La. (Single Ply)

Post  Buddy McKee Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Hey guys! Sept. 12th meet report.

I had a good meet! Not every lift I wanted to make and missed 2 of the all time records (over 50) I wanted, but still very good! I won the single ply division of the APF La. Open Championships at 275s (weighed 269). I also lifted as a Master and won Best lifter Master's.I squatted 804 (#9 on the PL Watch lifter Rankings). I tried to break Ernie Frantz's all-time >50 single ply squat record from the USPF in 1990 of 826. I tried 832 but couldn't come out of the whole with it. If I researched it right, I opened with the all-time best >50 full meet bench in single ply with 529 lbs. Collin Bonneau had the previous best at 519 in the IPF. I tried 573 twice but missed it both times. The 529 is #36 on the PL Watch ranking. I pulled 573 easily on my 3rd pull after loosing my grip and dropping the same weight as I was locking out on the second attempt. Both went up real fast in the Velocity Suit. I wished I had another attempt! I totaled 1906 at 53 Y.O. in single ply and I'm pretty happy with that. I wanted Ernie's squat (826) and total record (2000.5), but on a 5/9 day it wasn't going to happen. I think they are within my reach though. All in all I had a good meet, and as usual Garry ran a great meet. I lifted in Titan's Super Centurion Squat Suit, Centurion Briefs, closed back Katana Shirt, and the new Titan Velocity Deadlift Suit.

On a side note, Jordan Dunn at 18 Y.O. did the single ply 165s and totaled 1802!!! 98 lbs. higher than the previous best open 165 single ply total this year! I believe his squat was 749 and he walked it out. He already had the #1 squat this year with 677. He was in all Titan gear also. Jordan won Best Light Weight Open Lifter. He is the next 'Great one'!

Buddy McKee

Back to top Go down

My meet results: APF La. (Single Ply) Empty Re: My meet results: APF La. (Single Ply)

Post  Eric Stone Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 am

Nice job Buddy.

Eric Stone

Back to top Go down